MY SUMMER WISHLIST

Lakers Topbuzz Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Author Search This Topic:

warrenweelim
Laker GM
votes: 31

May I preclude what I am about to write in saying that this is NOT an all-star team I am about to make, but instead, taking the team as is and trying to simulate trades to help the roster in all the aspects of the game. I will be choosing players of reasonable value and factor in the possibility of it happening.

PRIORITY TRADE #1 - defense (perimeter)

Instead of the famous consensus on Ron Artest, I honestly think his ego is way too much for the Lakers and the bright lights of Hollywood. Instead, I choose Shane Battier. Arguably the best defensive "3" in the league next to Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest. Houston might find this interesting as they are doing a 360 from being the hard-nosed defense of Van Gundy to the free wheeling offense of Adelman.

Brian Cook

Vladimir Radmanovic

2008 1st rounder

-- for --

Shane Battier

Luther Head

It must be noted that while we consider Vlade and Cook as crap, other teams do not. By adding a 2008 1st rounder, we might just have ourselves a deal. Shane Battier will now defend the other team's best player i.e. LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Tmac, while Luther Head is an insurance for the next deal:

TRADE #2 - more defense (interior)

In view that our weaknesses lie on the PG and C spots, we address the daunting interior defense problem by acquiring the Defensive Player of the Year no less. Camby has expressed interest in playing for LA and he will be an awesome fit. Their need for a PG and the signing of Blake to Portland suggests this deal has the possibility of happening.

Kwame Brown

Jordan Farmar

-- for --

Marcus Camby

JR Smith

We know that Denver "laughed" at us offering Kwame for Camby. However, I still insist they do this. Its now Kwame and Farmar which might now be a little more interesting.

Denver replaces Camby with Kwame while getting an excellent court general in Farmar (less offensive minded) to compliment the offense of AI and Melo. JR Smith, while he has been a welcome surprise this year, clashed with now Denver Coach George Karl. These problems might be resolved thru trade.

TRADE #3 - shooting

Due to the loss of Vlade Radman and Brian Cook, we are now in need of players who can light it up. Those that can do it on a consistent basis and be an integral part of the triangle. At this stage, we have Derek Fisher and Luther Head to do it. Another shooter will always be welcome.

My list includes Mike Miller and Kyle Korver. Both of which might be unavailable so we might have to consider the likes of Eddie House (free agent) or Damon Jones, who might now be out of place in Cleveland due to Pavlovic and Boobie Gibson's emergence.

Sasha Vujacic

JR Smith

-- for --

Damon Jones

At this stage, this is my 2008 Laker squad:

Derek Fisher / Javaris Crittenton / Luther Head

Kobe Bryant / Mo Evans / Damon Jones

Shane Battier / Luke Walton /

Lamar Odom / Ronny Turiaf /

Marcus Camby / Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm

NOW THIS IS A CHAMPIONSHIP SQUAD. WOULDN'T YOU SAY?

Bynumite_17
Die-Hard Laker Fan
td.gif
votes: 15

Vlad is better than Battier.

Damon Jones is a old joke now.

othrwise everything else is great.

lakersforthewin
LTB HOF Bronze
votes: 29

Why get Damon? J.R is already a three point shooter

warrenweelim
Laker GM

I hope Houston shares your view on Vlad Bynumite... this is probably the best the Lakers can do this summer. I guarantee the 3rd or 4th spot in the Playoffs on this team.

warrenweelim
Laker GM

The 3rd string shooter will be used sparingly... Not a good role for JR Smith...

Bynumite_17
Die-Hard Laker Fan
td.gif

Pllus this is way we signed vlad. TO SSHOOT

lakers_fan_from_ny
Die-Hard Laker Fan

Houston is not interested in Cook or Vlad,plus the Rockets like Battier,they are not trading him for 2 bums. Denver is not trading Camby for K Brown who is a total joke and Farmar who they dont need. And Jones does nothing for our team. Not going to happen...not one of those trades is going down. Only realistic big player we can get is Jermaine Oneal.

noname24
LTB HOF Bronze
votes: 35

this is a championship team.. i like it warrenn.. keep it up!

Diamondbull
Serious Laker Fan
votes: 3

why trade JR for Damon Jones, an undersized SG. JR has the potential to be a franchise guy and trading him for Damon would be just as bad as trading Caron for Kwame. than add in the fact that JR smith is a good guy comming off the bench for Denver and could be a beast in a couple of years, so he's essentially a Jordan Farmar. so Essentially this deal becomes Kwame for Camby, no GM would ever make this deal, you should just forget this trade sort of like a bad dream.

i like your piorities though, you definitely got them right! the defense should be improved with that type of player. Camby could be acquired. and a PG would help alot. a PG like J-Kidd or Baron Davis could kill two birds with one stone but the management already missed their chance on that kill. so i think the best plan is to eaither continue with trying to get Garnett, or keep the team together see what you have and even if all is well try and make a trade for a star who will be sold for cheap because of on-court or off-court problems (like J-Kidd last year). i'm sure it will happen again this year because it always happens. thats how the warriors got Stephen Jackson because he had problems, thats how you improve your team.

cyclone_nicky
LTB HOF Bronze
votes: 46

i agree diamond. no way would i trade jr for damon. camby coming to us is just not going to happen. there is no way theyre going to give up camby and smith for farmar and kwame. they are just going to laugh at us again. denver has already stated that if they trade camby, its going to be to the leastern conference and not the west. it apears now that they want to keep him after the trade with atlanta for the number three pick fell through the day before the draft.

the houston trade would be decent for us where we unload vlad and cook for head and battier but i cant see why houston would want to make that move for. they are looking for players underneath that can help with rebounding and defence and cook and vlad wont help in either dept.

i would make that houston trade but im sorry, that team wouldnt be capable of competing for a title. battier is decent but is nothing special and camby at 33 is more injury prone than LO and JO combined and trading jr for damon would be a huge mistake.

gtfomn3o4
Serious Laker Fan
votes: 0

If i were Houston, i would at least ask for the 2010 first round, being that if i give up this steal, they are going to be better now, and Kobe might leave the team in shambles making that 2010 pick, a possible lottery steal.

warrenweelim
Laker GM

Again, just thinking outside the box. You never know... The Charlotte-NJ-LA deal was not even on the radar. We only knew when it crashed.

samustudio
Die-Hard Laker Fan
votes: 11

TRADE#1 yes, great deal, make sense.

TRADE#2 yes, but donno if denver will take the deal. no way.

i think they would do it if we go kwame and JCritt for camby,

in this case, we give too much for camby.

but with just this two deals, i think we are already a legit team warren.

Derek Fisher / Jordan Farmar / Luther Head

Kobe Bryant / Mo Evans / sasha

Shane Battier / Luke Walton /

Lamar Odom / Ronny Turiaf /

Marcus Camby / Andrew Bynum / Chris Mihm

samustudio
Die-Hard Laker Fan
votes: 11

balance offense, superb defense.

what the triangle is designed for...

Bynumite_17
Die-Hard Laker Fan
td.gif

We could go farther with this team if we are healthy.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

← Kobe and Phil...tied at the Head..

→ Get rid of the stupid triangle offense!