TRADES TRADES and even more TRADES

Lakers Topbuzz Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Author Search This Topic:

warrenweelim
Laker GM
votes: 31

Mitch has packed up and called it a summer and its quite clear where we are heading. Yet the dreamer in me hopes to see more trades to come (or any trade at all) just to know that we will be at least better than last year.

At least Kobe is not going anywhere...

The only good thing going for us is probably the fact that KG has not gone anywhere YET and JO is stamped RESERVED on the butt. Is this the master plan? Is any of these two the real story behind the silence? Or simply no smoke no fire concept? Your guess is as good as mine.

Once more I explore the world of the unknown, playing Mitch and Buss while they sleep. Hoping against hope that something gets us going. Quite frankly, even if Odom will be injury free, Kwame being healthy as a horse and catch the ball, and Baby Bynum be finally unleashed to a 18-10-3 bpg guy, will that be enough to trump Phoenix, San Antonio or Dallas? Not really.

I am referring to the many things we can do with Kwame's expiring. There are a handful of teams looking to shed some salary. I will try to lure them to take Kwame as part of the package while improving our roster significantly.

Kwame + Crittenton for Tyson Chandler

Tyson Chandler is a monster on the boards and can defend well down low.

New Orleans could use this move to relieve them of the burden of Chandler's contract for 3 more years. Critt can back up for Chris Paul.

Kwame + Cook for Mark Blount + Ricky Davis

Blount and Ricky Davis shall provide the depth we needed last year. Ricky Davis is an excellent slasher and can shoot. He will thrive in the triangle. Minnesota will look to slash salary while adding 2 more big men in the roster. Kwame's expiring will be a great deal of help.

Kwame + Crittenton for Gadzuric + Yi

Gadzuric is a decent enough defender, a little less than Kwame but we will get Yi as well. Yi will be certain to play in LA. His shooting and post abilities will be honed well in LA. This means Buss will be tapping the China market. More dollars coming in.

Kwame + Cook for Andrei Kirilenko

Andrei Kirilenko is the ultimate versatile defender. Utah will surely look into trading him because his contract is huge and he has fallen favor from the rotation and gameplay. This move will seriously help us especially on defense and versatility but not on the payroll.

Kwame + Crittenton for Andre Miller

Andre Miller is a veteran guard who can help our cause right away. It will make sense for the rebuilding Philly team to have the cap room a year ahead of schedule while having the young Crittenton to grow with the young team they have. This signals the team's full rebulild mode and move on from the Allen Iverson era.

LakerMoonWolf
Casual Laker Fan
votes: 2

You are always thinking Warren. Smile

Love reading your thoughtful posts.

Jeff

Bynumite_17
Die-Hard Laker Fan
td.gif
votes: 15

Some good ideas there warren. Thats why you are one of the best here.

cyclone_nicky
LTB HOF Bronze
votes: 46

interesting scenerios warren. i would like to get miller from philly if possible. we would need to add more to get ak47 though. he makes a little over 15 mil a season.

Bynumite_17
Die-Hard Laker Fan
td.gif
votes: 15

ak was on some kind of steriods b/c he was a beast then he was injured the whole season of 03 04

warrenweelim
Laker GM

On AK, perhaps add Vlade Radman instead of Cook there. But I think the salaries are within 80-85% range within each other as is.

warrenweelim
Laker GM

And perhaps Utah will take that offer now that Fish is out their books. AK coming off for them would be HUGE. They will be having ONLY 35M in payroll while still having Deron Williams, Mehmet Okur and Carlos Boozer. They are serious contenders if they could add another big name along that roster. Radmanovic can fit the system benefiting from a kick out.

And he injured himself there.

Showtime
Laker GM

us.gif
votes: 21

Good effort warren g..I will tell mitch next time I see him vacationing in paris

warrenweelim
Laker GM

Thanks. Just looking for more deals to offer.

cyclone_nicky
LTB HOF Bronze
votes: 46

keep it up warren, ur definitely the brains of this bunch. Very Happy

lakerdude
Laker GM
votes: 32

Crittenton may be better than you think. Hes quick and very defensive oriented. He may be a better fit than Jordan. Maybe place Farmer in the Crittenton in your trade scenerio. Ive seen alot of basketball and this guy is fun to watch. I wouldnt be so quick to pull the trigger on this guy yet; especially who you have him trading for. Im not too down with these choices by Warren. My opinion by im sticking to holding onto Crittenton fro now.

davidjrkobe
Casual Laker Fan
votes: 0

yeah don't include crittenton. I think he could be our starting pg if we don't get fisher

Skyeword
Laker GM
votes: 55

Farmar is not a scorer and his assists are average. Frankly, I will be surprised if he makes the team this year if a second starting PG prospect emerges. I say trade him while people still see his potential rather than his limitations.

Skyeword
Laker GM
votes: 55

Sun can score and his assists are well above average (8-10 / game) and he is used to a freestyle game. If the Lakers stay with Phil and the triangle, Farmar does not fit...

The big trades might came just after next season starts. That is likely the best strategy so patience is required without criticism or blaming Kobies.

memo1981
Serious Laker Fan

I know more about Farmar & has potential can be good. I really dont know much about Crittenton except that he's pretty big. What's this guys story?

memo1981
Serious Laker Fan

Hey Warren I rather have you as the GM than Mitch

warrenweelim
Laker GM

Repped High Quality Post

Appreciate the compliment guys. All for the team.

Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home

or Comment Using FB

← Miller Time in LA..Cupcake&Jimi "horse whisperer&qu

→ McCants: KG Doesn't Want To Go